top of page

Western Kentucky Tornado Disaster Resources

We prepared this webpage to share information about federal agencies you must register with if you are interested in participating in disaster recovery efforts in Western Kentucky. 


Kentucky-based businesses interested in participating in the recovery efforts are welcome to register as KYPTAC clients by visiting We are encouraging out-of-state companies to work with their local PTAC. Please visit to locate your local PTAC. 

General Information

Emergency Contractor Registration Program – Mayfield and Graves County

Are you a contractor interested in doing work in the city of Mayfield or Graves County?

Be advised that the Kentucky Attorney General and local officials have instituted an emergency contractor registration program. Starting 12:00 p.m. CT on Monday, Dec. 27, representatives from the Attorney General’s Office of Consumer Protection will be on site in Mayfield to assist with processing and registering contractors. The office will be located at 1102 Paris Road #5 in Mayfield and will be open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT. Questions can be directed to the office by calling (502) 871-2424.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District will handle the Kentucky portion of debris cleanup efforts.

Louisville contact: George Minges (502-315-6912)


Potential Subcontracting Work

The USACE Mississippi Valley Division is the debris removal center for USACE.  They have a contract for the Western Kentucky region with a firm called Crowdergulf, LLC, out of Mobile, AL. Visit their website,, for potential subcontractors to register using the “Subcontractor Registration” button.


The USACE Louisville District received a $120 million mission assignment from FEMA for debris removal and disposal in Graves County, that includes the city of Mayfield. The US Army Corps of Engineers issued a contract to DRC Emergency Services, LLC to conduct the debris removal and disposal work that is anticipated to begin on Dec 26. For potential subcontracting opportunities, visit

FEMA Specific Information

Please visit the FEMA website to learn more about FEMA (


If you are contacting FEMA seeking to do business in support of a disaster recovery effort, please be aware that in accordance with the Robert T. Stafford Act (specifically Section 307), FEMA’s goal is to seek local companies within the disaster area for services related to a specific disaster when practical and feasible.  The ILP encourages your business to review the information referenced below.


SAM registration is a requirement to do business with the Federal Government. You can contact your KYPTAC Procurement Consultant for assistance. To become a client, Kentucky based business, please visit to apply. Non-Kentucky businesses can locate their local PTAC at You may also direct questions regarding the SAM registration process to the Federal Service Desk ( at 1-866-606-8220. If you do not have a CAGE code, one will be assigned after your registration is completed.


What is The Disaster Response Registry?

Disaster Response Registry Information -

When national emergencies or disasters such as floods and hurricanes occur, supplies and services need to be procured and rushed to the affected area quickly. To expedite this process, the System for Award Management (SAM) contains a Disaster Response Registry in accordance with FAR Subpart 4.11and FAR Subpart 26.2 listing those contractors who are willing to provide debris removal, distribution of supplies, reconstruction, and other disaster or emergency relief supplies and/or services. 


How Do I Add My Company to The Disaster Response Registry?

Your entity must be fully registered in SAM, to be included in the Disaster Response Registry.  During the registration process, you must indicate you want to participate in the Disaster Response Registry and provide the required information on the Disaster Response Information page within the Assertions module. Once your registration is active, you will be added to the Disaster Response Registry and contracting officers will be able to locate your company through the Disaster Response Registry Search.


Registration process:

To further increase security and deter fraud, is partnering with to implement multi-factor authentication for registering users. 


How to register with for System for Award Management (SAM)

  1. Create a account – you only need to do this once.

  2. Enter an email address – use the same email address for use for

  3. Have a working phone number (mobile or landline) – will send you a security code. 


Existing SAM Users

Use the same email address you registered with in so the account can automatically link to your account. If a different email address is used, the account will not automatically link.

What is SAM? 

The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the United States (US) Government.  There is NO COST for registration or utilization. SAM is combining federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance into one system.


To get started with your System for Award Management (SAM) registration, you must have the following: 

  1. Company DUNS Number.  You can request a DUNS Number for free by visiting Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) at

  2. Taxpayer identification number (TIN).  You need your company’s tax identification number (TIN) and taxpayer name to obtain a TIN.  Visit to apply for a Tax Identification Number.

Register your entity in SAM ( at NO COST, for federal procurement opportunities in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 4.11, System for Award Management. 


Understand FEMA’s mission and goals, you may visit or the ILP website to learn more about:


Monitor contracting opportunities

DHS Advance Acquisition Planning System - Monitor the forecast of DHS contract opportunities at:


Due to recent disasters and program availability, Vendor Presentation Meetings will be temporarily paused until further notice.  


Request a meeting with a FEMA Representative

The Vendor Profile Form (VPF) can serve as a secondary market research resource or Vendor Presentation Meeting (VPM) request. Information supplied should not be proprietary or sensitive in nature. 


  1. Complete the ILP Vendor Profile form;

  2. For a VPM, please select “Vendor Presentation Meeting” in the Reason for contacting FEMA section (#8) of the form; 

  3. Please be specific about how your company’s product(s) and/or service(s) can support FEMA’s mission;

  4. Submit to (File name structure: Company Name_State_MMDDYY; i.e.: Best Vendor_DC_123117)


Learn More About:

  • FEMA -

  • FEMA Small Business Program - All Small Business inquiries should be directed to

  • Debris Removal - Become a member of the United States Corps of Engineers Contractor Registry if you are interested in performing disaster response and recovery work; e.g. debris removal.  Follow this link to access their website //  

  • Seek construction, facilities management, leasing and retail services opportunities with the General Services Administration (GSA).  Visit GSA’s website at

  • Desire to provide transportation services to FEMA. Please follow this link,,  For general questions about the Transportation Program, please . The types of transportation services FEMA procure includes truckload, less truckload, air charter, barge, air freight, air ambulance, heavy hauler, ocean, freight, rail, power only, limousine, chartered bus, vehicle rental, truck rental, travel trailers, and mobile homes.

bottom of page